The Cambridge Friends School community is a vibrant blend of students, families, faculty and staff, trustees, alumni, and friends of the school. We intentionally strive to build community in a welcoming, supportive environment where each individual feels respected and affirmed.
There are so many ways to get involved at Cambridge Friends School. All parents and guardians of Cambridge Friends School students are members of the Family Association, which supports the School’s philosophy, programs, and activities for the benefit of our students. From hosting classroom breakfasts, to presenting guest speakers at Family Association Meetings, to fostering community and affinity through several group gatherings, the Family Association works to bring our community together to learn, share, and connect.
Volunteer opportunities include:
- Being an Admission Ambassador, helping the Admission Office to engage prospective families by helping at the Open House, acting as a host family, and attending admission events
- Volunteering for other school events, including Community Dinners, the Super Sleepover, the Middle School Dance, the Election Day bake sale, and the Cambridge Friends School 5K, among many others
- Acting as a class parent, which helps to foster community within your cohort
The Family Association also fosters community through Affinity Groups, which brings together families that share a common identity. These groups meet several times throughout the year to gather over a meal or fun kid-centered activity and share each other’s company. Current Affinity Groups include:
- Adoptive Families Group, for families who’s lives have been touched by adoption
- Families of Color Group, including transracial, biracial, and blended families
- Rainbow Families Group, for families who have members who identify as LGBTQ+
- Community Antiracist Antibias Alliance (CARABA), for parents who are interested in supporting the School’s antiracist and antibias educational mission