Drawn to the Cambridge Friends School mission and philosophy? Why not join us!
Cambridge Friends School, the only Quaker school in Massachusetts, is a renowned leader in teaching social justice and equality, with a commitment to project-based, experiential learning. Guided by the six Quaker Testimonies of Simplicity, Peace, Integrity, Community, Equality, and Stewardship, Cambridge Friends School focuses on educating the whole child in an environment that best positions the child for their success. Cambridge Friends School is deeply committed to preparing each child for the road ahead in high school and beyond, and to inspiring a life-long love of learning.
Substitute Teachers (Faculty/Other)
The School: Cambridge Friends School is a Pre-K through grade eight day school guided by its Quaker mission. Throughout the year, the School engages children in meaningful learning experiences within a caring community. Its strength derives from the passion of its educators, students, parents, and friends and from its Quaker principles of Simplicity, Peace, Integrity, Community, Equality, and Stewardship.
The Position: Cambridge Friends has current openings for energetic, caring, and flexible substitute teachers to support its school day and extended day programs for the remainder of the academic year. We seek substitutes with the skills and temperament to maintain a positive classroom environment and to implement lesson plans for elementary and/or middle school students. Ideal candidates will be experienced and enjoy working with elementary and/or middle school students.
Schedule: The typical academic day for substitutes at Cambridge Friends begins at 7:45 am and runs until 3:15 pm. They typical extended day begins at 3:00 pm and runs until 5:45 pm. Given the “as needed” basis of this position, we ask teachers to be flexible and yet committed to coming when coverage is requested. Sometimes substitute coverage may be for a half-day increments (7:45 am – 12:15 pm or 12:00 pm – 3:15 pm). At times, substitutes will be called late at night and early in the morning.
Salary: $22 per hour
Cambridge Friends seeks candidates who will add to our diverse community and does not discriminate based on race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status.
Interested candidates should send a resume and letter of interest to Katie Marion at email@example.com with the words “Substitute Teacher” in the subject line.
Information Technology Specialist
Cambridge Friends School is seeking an Information Technology Specialist. The Information Technology Specialist will be the point of contact for all technological needs of the School. This person will assist in setting up and maintaining informational technology needs, including the phone system and the internet. The IT Specialist will be on call to assist with day-to-day tasks throughout the building pertaining to student and teacher computers, wireless connection issues, audio/video equipment, and other situations arising from hardware and software technology issues. This person will be expected to assist with technology needs for all school events, Including assemblies, theatrical productions, and other events as designated by the Head of School. This job is a full-time position with benefits.
- Maintains and upgrades/patches school’s computer inventory. This includes, but is not limited to, PC’s running Microsoft 10,8,7, Macs running various OS X and 11, iPads, iPhones and Chromebooks. Repairs Chromebooks, PCs and Macs where applicable.
- Maintains and upgrades/patches the School’s Networking System. This includes the firewall, Ethernet Switches and Wi-Fi networks.
- Maintains and operates the schools Zoom- based phone system.
- Assists with the operation and maintenance of Kyocera MPF systems.
- Maintains and repairs, as needed, various other small size printers.
- Assists with being the SysAd for Office 365 and G Suite
- Provides backup SysAd duties for the School’s website and the Blackbaud On-product based system.
- Provides technical assistance, and when needed, operates the audio/video system for school assemblies and other events where audio/video is needed. This will include occasional evenings and weekends.
- Assist with the stage lighting system used for events and other assemblies.
- Maintains spare parts, equipment and related inventory system.
- Maintains and operates Anti- virus and anti-malware systems as needed.
- Assist faculty and staff with App installation on various systems.
- Interact with the students in the use of Chromebooks.
- Assists the Head of Maintenance in operating the School’s camera security and door lock systems.
- Manages the Information Technology budget, including inventory and price checking on all electronic devices in the building.
- 5 years of demonstrated experience in support of Technology.
- Standard tech certifications desired or equivalent experience.
Ability to adapt to changing circumstances, as needed.
Qualified candidates should send a letter of interest, resume, and references to:
firstname.lastname@example.org with “IT Specialist” in the subject line.
Cambridge Friends School is committed to equal pay. Therefore, all faculty are awarded a salary based on the Cambridge Friends School salary scale, based on their years of experience.
In the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, Criminal Offender Record Information (CORI) must be performed on all applicants and employees. As of July 1, 2013, fingerprinting is required for all new employees.
It is Cambridge Friends School’s policy to provide equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, sex, religion, pregnancy, identity, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information, marital status, veteran status, military service, application for military service, or any other status protected by applicable law. It is the intent and resolve of Cambridge Friends School to comply with the letter and the spirit of the law in the implementation of all facets of equal opportunity.
This equal opportunity policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, training, promotion, compensation, discipline, termination, and retirement. Subject to the provisions of applicable law, Cambridge Friends School will provide reasonable accommodation to the known physical or mental disabilities of a qualified individual with a disability who is able to perform the essential functions of a job with such reasonable accommodation, unless to do so would cause an undue hardship on the operation of the School.